Dollar store batteries are often carbon zinc, as opposed to alkaline. Carbon zinc is an older technology that doesn’t crank out as much juice. Recently, a physicist at Southern Louisiana University conducted a series of experiments in which he found that the amount of power being generated by dollar store batteries dropped more rapidly than name brands like Energizer and Duracell.
Dollar Store Buys
- Is That Really Worth $1?
- BUY: School, Office and Craft Supplies
- DON’T BUY: Plastic Wrap and Sandwich Bags
- BUY: Party Supplies and Gift Wrap
- DON’T BUY: Anything With An Electrical Cord
- BUY: Greeting Cards
- DON’T BUY: Cookware and Utensils
- BUY: Holiday Decorations
- DON’T BUY: Jarred Spices
- BUY: Drinking Glasses
- DON’T BUY: Batteries