To achieve a purpose-fueled, engaged workforce, you should resist a one-size-fits-all approach to inspiring your employees. Instead, make an effort to help each worker recognize the importance of his or her job and how it contributes to the company’s success.
Here are 10 tips that can help.
- Make job descriptions goal-specific.
- Link incentives to results.
- Explain in detail why a task was done well.
- Give praise when it’s really deserved.
- Give all employees the chance to achieve.
- Gradually increase responsibilities.
- Help workers align personal goals with business ones.
- Convey the big picture.
- Listen emphatically.
- Allow freedom for creativity.
Adapted from “Ten Ways to Motivate Employees” at Baselinemag.com.