Home Sweet Home?
- Take the Stress Out of Purchasing a Home
- Making Your Best Offer and Negotiating the Close
- Getting a Mortgage
- Having the House Inspected and Addressing the Physical Defects
- Hiring an Appraiser and Buying Title Insurance
- Navigating the Closing Process
- Conducting the Final Walk-Through
- Relax! Three Strategies to Ease Home-Buying Stress
I didn't think it was prohibited for the appraiser to be provided by the seller themselves. I guess it makes sense to make sure the seller is not hiring an actor or something. I just didn't think there was a general rule about that. http://www.liptoninc.com/fees
I never really knew what title insurance was for. It sounds like a good way to secure the transfer of the title when you're buying a home. Real estate purchases are usually the biggest purchases that people make in their lifetimes. That being said, why wouldn't you do everything you could to secure the transaction? Sounds like a good idea to me to find a good title company. http://www.gulfshorestitle.com
Buying a home is a tough job on its own. There are many factors to be considered. I hate buying a home and having to feel betrayed several years after I've spent a lot of money.